Saturday, February 13, 2010

Self Esteem Beat Down

I decided to treat myself to a Valentine's Day manicure and pedicure. Warning: Do not go to a nail salon if you're looking to feel better about yourself. Please don't get me wrong, I am really not racist, but there is something about the filter on the mouth that doesn't quite work with those little Asian women. I recount for you now the things the lady said about me in English that I actually understood. Who knows what she said that I didn't understand in both English and Vietnamese.

"Your nail yellow. You leave polish on too long."

"Ugh...that nail gross. What you do? It hurt?"

After she cut my skin and made me bleed: "Ooooo....I sorry, honey. Your skin so thick right there."

"Now your nail look better. No more bumps."

"Your flip flop too tight. You make me mess up your toe."

"Bye. Have a good night. Don't drink too much."

That's not all though. As I was standing up to vacate the pedicure chair, she quickly moved in front of me to pull my shirt down over my muffin top. As if I that wasn't enough, she actually hooked her finger through my belt loop and pulled up my courdoroys. I'm serious. It's a good thing I love myself enough to endure the self-esteem beat that will always come with visitng a nail salon. At least this time she didn't ask why I don't have a boyfriend.

If you're bored and you haven't seen this video on YouTube, I highly recommend. It's one those that's so true, it's almost not funny.


4 comments:

  1. Oh honey. What a day. You do NOT have a muffin top. NOT even close. And your hands may be rough (I'm not sure about that one), but if they are, it's only because you kick butt at the gym all day. Keep loving yourself. You're very lovable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that's why I've never had a mani/pedi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh. How did I miss this post. This is the funniest thing every. This NEEDS to go in your book!

    ReplyDelete

background

Followers

About Me

My photo
Just a busy girl trying to make the world a better place one group fitness class at a time.