Monday, February 1, 2010

I Got a Feeling

I got a feeling that I have the coolest family ever. Last night I came in from doing laundry, only to discover Granny sitting in front of the TV watching the Black Eyed Peas perfom on the Grammy's. I stood behind for a few minutes to make sure she wasn't just flipping through channels. She so was not. She had a made a conscious decision to enjoy our favorite legume in musical form. When I asked her what she was doing watching the Black Eyed Peas and Fergie and said, "Oh, I didn't know Fergie was a Black Eyed Pea." So she didn't know who she was watching, but she definitely knows who Fergie is.

A few years ago, my mom came to my sister with her cell phone and said, "Um, can you show me how to get these free Fergie ringtones?" Because she was a loyal American Idol text voter, she got special AT&T text messages with offers such as free Fergie ringtones. I'm pretty sure mom's don't get any cooler than mine. Allow me to further illustrate my point.

Each year my mom gets to help write a play for the first graders at her school. This year's play is loosely based on Alice in Wonderland. Mom, as always, is the mother. Her costume will include a huge necklace...shaped like a clock...like Flava Flav's. It gets better. At some point during the play, she plans to sing Atlanta Housewive Kim's song--"Don't Be Tardy for the Party". Haven't heard of it? You're just not as cool as Mommy.

My mom is more than just a pop culture junkie. She is the strongest, kindest, funniest, most generous lady I know. She has given my sisters and me much more than we have ever deserved. She puts up with a lot of people's crap. She's awesome. I'm glad she's mine. Sorry...you can't have her.

2 comments:

  1. I love your Mommy almost as much as I love my Mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have her! So jealous! And your Granny saying, "I love you, Hannah." The sweetest! I totally hear you on having your name follow those three words. I rarely hear that, except from my precious nephew, who is known to say, "I love you, Aunt Kristen", without prompting or encouragement. Melts my heart every time. :)

    ReplyDelete

background

Followers

About Me

My photo
Just a busy girl trying to make the world a better place one group fitness class at a time.