Friday, February 26, 2010

Lagniappe

Lagniappe, pronounced lan-yap, means "a little something extra" in Cajun. Here's a little something extra on a Friday night. The following post is an actual email I sent to the work out buddy in November of 2009. The events are real. You can't make this stuff up.

The subject was "I'm Lucky to be Alive".

So the most frightening thing happened to me this morning. I was brushing my teeth and right when I put my toothbrush in my mouth, I took a breath and swallowed a little toothpaste. Well, I'm not sure how it happened, but it was like my throat closed up and I couldn't swallow. Since I couldn't swallow I couldn't breathe. I freaked the you-know-what out. I threw my toothbrush across the room and started running around like a crazy person. Then I was like ok, calm down, breathe, cough, do something! I couldn't breathe and I couldn't cough so I was like oh my gosh, I am choking! But it's not like I could do the Heimlich because I didn't have anything lodged down my throat. So I tried to take a sip of water and I could barely get my mouth open but when I did I couldn't swallow so I sprayed water all over the bathroom and threw the bottle across the room. I finally got a little air and just stood still until I could get bigger gulps, but I promise you that was the scariest thing ever! I was so sure I was going to die and no one would find me. I was white like baby Audrey when she stopped breathing. I called my dad and I told him what happened and I just started crying. Now, it's actually really funny and I'm sure if anyone had been watching it would have been hilarious, but I was seriously choking!

One time my cat Timmy got a bag stuck on his head and he ran around the house like a jaguar, except he was running in to things and sliding all over the place and he wouldn't let us catch him so we could rescue him. That's how I was. I was seriously running back and forth from the living room the bathroom. I don't know what I was thinking, but I couldn't make myself be calm! I am never brushing my teeth again. You can get me gum for Christmas so I don't have bad breath.


Hannah Herring
Client Services Analyst, Client Relations
TSYS, Customer Care Division
706.649.4450 work
706.644.9220 fax
706.505.6836 cell
haherring@tsys.com

2 comments:

  1. I think you should relive a past story every Friday. Like when you saved the man's life in the street & his wife thought you were going to rob/kill her. You've got alot to share!

    ReplyDelete

background

Followers

About Me

My photo
Just a busy girl trying to make the world a better place one group fitness class at a time.