Friday, February 26, 2010

GTGL

I am not ashamed to admit that I am a fan of the Jersey Shore. My only regret is that I jumped on the band wagon a couple months too late. Kristin called me one day and asked me if I watched our Guido and Guidette friends and I was so excited to talk with someone about them. I realized, however, that I missed an important episode when they explained a part of their every day lives--GTL. Gym. Tan. Laundry. That is so my life. I don't mind it one bit, either. I throw in an extra G and L on most day. If New Life Tanning Salon would let me, I would throw in an extra T, too!

This morning I started my day at 5 am so that I could be at the gym for the very last session of the TSYS Boot Camp (thank goodness!). After leading boot camp, my work out buddy said, "Wanna run a mile?" Of course I didn't really want to, but I had no reason not to. So I did. I passed the time by telling stories while gym buddy counted our laps. I didn't care if she was listening or not. I just wanted to make sure she knew how many laps we had left. Gym.

I get exactly ONE HOUR for lunch. This is hard for me. I came from a job that allowed me to pretty much come and go as I pleased. I was attached to a Blackberry, but still...I got to go where I wanted to when I wanted to for how long I wanted to. Not so in Omegaland. I have to plan my lunches out to make the most efficient use of my time. There are so many errands to run, but how did I choose to spend my one hour today? I drove 20 minutes to across town so I could lay in the tanning bed for 20 minutes and then drove 20 minutes back across town. Tan.

Our gym is launching a new release of RPM on Monday, so I have lots of choreography to learn. After work, my work out buddy and I went back to the gym to ride the release. We decided that we are going to come up with some sweet synchronized movements to entertain our classes next week. Don't worry, we know we're awesome. Gym.

It's Friday night. I'm sitting at home watching the Real Housewives of Orange County and blogging while I'm waiting for a huge load of gym clothes to be washed. Gotta keep the GTL flow moving. I am scared for my life if I ever have my own family. I wash about 4 loads of laundry a week, just by myself. And it's not like I just throw a load in the washer and throw it in the dryer. I only dry my pajamas, and not even all of them get dried. So I have these huge loads that must be sorted, then sifted through to pull out all of the things that hang dry or lay flat to dry. Then I tote my huge load of wet clothes in the house and proceed to hang and lay out my clothes. But it doesn't stop there. I have to wait for them all to dry, fold them, and put them away. I get that this is how laundry is done, but seriously...4 loads a week?!? Laundry.

GTL. It's my life. I like my life, so I'll keep doin' it.

1 comment:

  1. I just knew you would relate perfectly to GTL!

    PS: Get rid of tht "T"!

    ReplyDelete

background

Followers

About Me

My photo
Just a busy girl trying to make the world a better place one group fitness class at a time.