Thursday, February 11, 2010

Only Classy Ladies Come To My Line

I went to see Dear John tonight with some girls from work. The company was great. The movie, not so much. Like it was even worse than I expected. I don't like mush and love and sweetness and tenderness. I'm on team Jacob. The movie made me feel awkward and embarassed and quite frankly, a little grossed out. Two great things did happen that made the whole evening worth the bad movie.

On the way out of the movie this young guy tripped and hurt his ankle. His little girlfriend kept trying to get him to keep walking and he just couldn't. I tried not to laugh until I got to the bottom of the stairs and was sure I wouldn't fall since I did happen to be in heels. But once I did get to the bottom, I promptly informed the injured boy's friends that he was still at the top of the stairs sitting down because he had tripped and hurt himself. Then I laughed way too loud and kept moving.

The best part happened before we even got into the theater. Our movie started at 7:15 and we were just a little late. However, Carolyn, the girl who sold the tickets, told us not to worry. We had plenty of time for concessions, or the bathroom, or anything we wanted to do because there was like 30 minutes of previews. So we trusted Carolyn and got in line for Diet Coke (and maybe popcorn). I have a certain knack for picking the best lines. My definition of best does not mean fastest or friendliest. I can always seem to find the wackiest or grumpiest, or dumbest cashier. They always give me the best stories though. Tonight was no exception. Our concession cashier was a young man who clearly enjoyed his job...especially when cute girls came through his line. He took special care to make sure my friend got the "freshest popcorn in the batch and none of those mashed up crumbs". And he was all to happy to give me a large Diet Coke for less than $5.30. I felt slightly ripped off, considering you can buy a 12-pack for a lot less than that. However, I walked away feeling it was worth it when our excited cashier sent us on our way saying, "Only classy ladies come to my line." Yeah, that's right. The popcorn boy thinks I'm classy.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. I can't believe you endured that movie. The commercials for it make me sick to my stomach. I can't imagine sitting through it.

    Heck yeah - TEAM JACOB!

    ReplyDelete

background

Followers

About Me

My photo
Just a busy girl trying to make the world a better place one group fitness class at a time.