Tuesday, February 9, 2010

It's a Small World After All

I say it all the time, but it really is a small world. I seem to come in contact with the same people over and over and over again. It happened again today. As part of my job, I review addresses for guys and girls who will be receiving a statement for their fraternity or sorority dues. Today I was looking at a chapter from Texas Christian University. I came across an address from my home town, Slidell, Louisiana. Of course it caught my attention, so I looked to see who it was. Lo and behold, I knew it who it was. It turned out to be my older sister's and my high school Trigonometry teacher's child. My mom also taught this lady's youngest son first grade 11 years ago. I sent her a quick email and said she remembered two of her favorite students and our crazy mom. This may seem small, but if I had a dollar for every time one of these random encounters occured, I'd have like ten dollars. That may not seem like a lot, but how many times can YOU say something that happened? I got more for you.

Last April I was sitting in the back row at church when this family bustled in. I recognized the lady who was clearly the mom of this clan, but the person I thought she was was the mother a friend who lived in Utah. I thought nothing more of it until Sacrament was over and one of girls came up to me and asked me where she should take her children for Primary. I told her I would tell her if she told me her name. Before she could even get it out, I said it for her. It turned out that one of my very good friends from Utah had a little sister who married a boy who is in the Army and was stationed at Fort Benning for several months. So, there it is again. I got two rounds of this awesome family in my life. I've kind of stopped being surprised by these random round-abouts in my life.

My very first roommate at BYU sent me an email last summer to let me know that we would soon be neighbors. Yes, this girl who was from Utah and had been living in New England moved right up the road from me to Newnan, Georgia. I could seriously keep going, but I'll spare you. I will say that I don't think these people come back in my life by accident. If for nothing else other than it makes me smile when they come back to see me, I'll take it.

1 comment:

background

Followers

About Me

My photo
Just a busy girl trying to make the world a better place one group fitness class at a time.